Impromptu Teachable Moments
Raegan will add applicable mental performance insights in real time (at practice and/or during games)!
Practice & Tournament Observation
Raegan will be at practices and tournaments to support the athletes’ progress!
Mental Performance Workshop Descriptions
Each week will include a 30 minute long interactive group session, frequently utilizing handouts or other resources to provide reminders and ongoing mental training. Based on the evolving need of the group, five of the seven following workshops will be selected. These workshops will be held before practices at 6:15pm, East will be Tuesdays & West will be Thursdays!
- Balancing Present Moment Focus with Long Term Goals: There is a big difference between talking about goals and achieving them. During this workshop each athlete will learn how to set a “SMART” goal for the season. Using outcomes as motivators, athlete’s will also learn to shift focus from these “carrots” to processes that matter right now… allowing accomplishments to unfold, by utilizing self-talk, breathing, and other techniques to shift attention to NOW.
- Team Building: As a group the athletes will build team cohesion during this workshop! This will be a very hands-on exercise with emphasis on communication and reliance on each member to achieve the same goal!
- Control the “Controllables”: Many aspects of physical training and lacrosse are out of the athletes control. This workshop will cover how to focus on what each individual athlete can control. The group will discuss pressure and how to get to the athlete’s performance sweet spot… amped enough without getting overly amped up, while also managing expectations.
- Mental Imagery: Athletes will learn some ways to better utilize video, plus some ins and outs of rehearsing techniques, plays, or skills in your mind. Athletes will also learn how to create their own personalized imagery tools and techniques.
- “I can!”: This workshop we will be discussing what self-confidence and self-efficacy is. Athletes will learn how to build their self-efficacy to improve athletic performance!
- Every Role is Important: This session will provide another hands-on experience, emphasizing interchanging roles and the importance of being adaptable and taking responsibility of your own role in each situation!
- To Be Determined: Each team has it’s own unique set of values; this option allows for flexibility for the athletes to gain skills that may not be listed above!
Formal Check-ins will be held at the end of practices.